Chains of planned actions and reactions are required to realise Eco-friendly transportation’s systems in this world. Following ideas are relevantly and significantly considerable towards the development of Eco transportation’s systems.
Bicycles – The healthiest and the cleanest mode of transportation can be systemised in a number of ways.
• All motorcycle-users can switch to this mode for short-distanced commutation.
• Bicycle-rental can be organised by the arrangement of integrated bicycle stations in every locality. People can hire a bicycle from one station and submit it at the same or another station. Establishment of stations has to according to commutation pattern in a city or town. Stations can be facilitated with bicycle-pumps for hirers and owners alike.
• Government and non-government institutions can promote cycling among their staffs through reimbursement.
• Carpools can be replaced with cycle-pools for short-distanced pick & drop of students.
• Dedicated lanes for cyclists on all roads and streets can further promote the culture of cycling. Automobiles and motor vehicles can be declared prohibited in certain localities.
Mass Transit – One vehicle carrying several passengers to their destination is always ecologically efficient than individuals driving their respective cars or motorcycles to reach to their destination.
• Buses are the best mode of mass-transit. Infrastructure may have to be reformed to improve accessibility of buses. Buses have to be frequent enough to match paced life of cities. Dedicated lanes for buses also encourage mass commutation.
Hybrid buses that can be powered by bio-fuel, vegetable oils and other clean fuels have to be introduced.
• Cable cars, ferries, metro trains, trains and trams have to be aligned so that they complement each other. Ready availability of mass-transit modes would discourage individual driving or riding. Besides, all transportation modes that ply over the ground can be incorporated with such technology that can transform solar and wind energy (water-energy in case of boats) into power as both are available in plenty for vehicles. It can be used to power either the vehicle or provide power inside the vehicle for passengers to recharge their electronic devices.
Alternative fuel – Fuel is by far the chief culprit in the degradation of ecology. Bio-fuels have to be made inexpensive and readily available. Vehicles that run on CNG, Hydrogen, LPG, vegetable oil, etc. would be used only when there are adequate fuel stations available. Electric vehicles can be considered eco-friendly only when fossil fuels get replaced by other cleaner resources for the generation of electricity.
Most of the ideas for Eco-friendly transportation systems can be implemented without much fuss. Some developing cities have taken this course. However, to affect the entire world, almost every developed and developing country has to contribute.