- World Environment Day – Will US, EU and China Spare a Thought for Nature?Posted 3 years ago
- Plastisphere: Is it a Newer Addition to the Planet Earth?Posted 4 years ago
- Criticism Sparked by Undetected River Pollution in China’s HezhouPosted 4 years ago
- New Microbes Found on Plastic Debris in OceansPosted 4 years ago
- Australia’s Record Breaking Summer Caused Mainly by Global WarmingPosted 4 years ago
- Ecology Synthesis Center of UCSB gets support from New Moore FoundationPosted 4 years ago
- American Sales Development Launches New Line of LED LightsPosted 4 years ago
- Stadthalle Betriebsgesellschaft Switches to GreenPosted 4 years ago
- Monsoon Variability Could Easily be Curbed by Limiting Global WarmingPosted 4 years ago
- Concerns over Tackling Global Warming IssuePosted 4 years ago
Why Recycling Is Important – Reasons and Benefits
The question why recycling is important needs to be given a serious thought as for years people have been creating waste and dumping them within the environment.
Dumping of waste has led to some serious concerns like global warming and the process of eliminating these wastes further releases toxic gases into the environment which cause an additional damage to the Mother Earth. However, through proper recycling it is possible to keep a check on the global warming and make the Earth a better place to live and this is the right time to start if you were wondering why recycling is important. There are lots of benefits attached with recycling that can save the environment and the people within it.
Saving the Earth with Recycling
Recycling various products protects the environment from harmful effects. Trees provide us paper and by reducing the usage of paper it is possible to reduce the number of trees being cut down. Products that are manufactured from raw materials need to be recycled so as to preserve the environment.
Saving Energy with Recycling
Processing recycled materials is easy as compared to virgin materials because it requires less amount of energy. Recycling a paper requires less energy than manufacturing paper from trees which shows why recycling is important. Transportation of materials is not required which leads to energy saving and thus reducing pollution. This ultimately creates reduced stress on economy as well as the environment.
Wastes in Landfill Reduced Through Recycling
The non-biodegradable waste that gets collected in landfills requires ample amount of time for decomposition. However, recycling reduces the waste materials placed in landfills and increases chances of putting the materials to good use. Several companies are coming up these days by offering options to reduce landfill usage.
Recycling Mitigates Global Warming and Reduces Pollution
The fact that why recycling is important can be understood from concept of reduction of greenhouse gases through industrial production recycling. Harmful gases emitted by industries and factories can be reduced considerably through proper recycling. The non-biodegradable waste recycling helps in reduction of greenhouse gases and pollution that causes damage to the ozone layer.
Recycling Helps Save Money
There are different ways through which money can be saved by recycling. Recyclable materials can be sold to various organizations putting them to good use. Products manufactured from recycled materials cost less as compared to products manufactured from fresh materials. One can use products like fruit peelings, vegetables and egg shells to fertilize plants. Recycling helps in reuse of materials over and over again.
Recycling Leads to New Jobs
The recycling industry in the United States earns revenue of nearly $236 billion a year. There are more than 56,000 reuse and recycling enterprises within the country employing nearly 1.1 million workers. This gives a clear idea of why recycling is important as it can contribute to the growth of nation both environmentally and economically.