It is always very important for you to have a general idea about some basic solar energy facts to ensure the true use of the capability of this abundant energy supply. There can be absolutely no doubt in the fact that solar power is the most environmentally friendly and the most desirable energy sources among all other alternatives. Every year the atmosphere of the Earth, land masses and oceans receive an approximate of 3,850,000 exajoules of energy from the rays of the sun. Once you take this figure into account, you will be clear why solar energy industries are working towards improving the processes used for harnessing solar power.
- Solar energy is the best forms of energy for our environment in comparison to other traditional energy sources like coal and fossil fuels as it doesn’t release any gases into the atmosphere.
- There are a number of uses of solar energy such as for heating water by the use of photovoltaic cells, for producing electricity, drying clothes and even for cooking food.
- Solar energy can also be used for heating swimming pools just like heating water. It can easily be used for powering cars, attic fans, calculators and several other appliances that use solar. It also has the ability of producing light.
- The demand for solar energy is getting higher and higher because of the increased prices of utility bills from conventional sources of energy. The worldwide demand for solar energy tends to be greater than the supply of solar energy.
- Kilowatt-hour is the perfect measurement for solar energy. 1 kilowatt is equal to 1000 watts. 1 kilowatt-hour is equal to the quantity of electric required for burning a light bulb of 100 watts for at least ten hours.
- Around thirty percent of the total energy consumed by us is used for heating water.
- A residential solar energy system is made up of an inverter, solar panels, charger controllers, a battery, support structure and good wiring. A home solar energy system of 1 kilowatt takes a minimum of one to three days to install and it can cost up to $10,000. This price can vary depending on the place where you buy the system.
- A residential solar energy system of 1 kilowatt consists of tent to twelve solar panels and it requires around 100 square feet of installation area. Therefore, people having limited space can face troubles installing the system.
- A residential solar energy system of 1 kilowatt possesses the capability of generating 1600 kilowatts-hour annually in a sunny climate and 750 kilowatts-hour annually in a cloudy climate.
- A residential solar energy system of 1 kilowatt helps in preventing 170 lbs of coal burnt in air, 105 gallons of water consumed and 300 lbs of CO2 released every month.
- If you rely on the battery backup, a residential solar energy system has the potential of providing electricity twenty-four by seven during the night and even during cloudy days.
- A solar energy system for your home can help you in bringing about a reduction in your monthly utility bills completely by half.
These are some of the most basic solar energy facts that you should remain aware of so that you can make the effective use of solar energy in your household.