‘Go green’ is the phrase that has become universal. The world has become more conscious and protective towards the environment. Going green calls for changing the habit at the grass root level. This relates as much to the things used every day as it relates to food. In fact, the technology is making advancements to make the world greener. The furniture items such as bed, the tables and chairs and also the roofs and the floors of our homes are all going green, and so is the kitchenware. People are now choosing sustainable kitchenware over the traditional so as to safeguard both themselves and the environment. Following under are some of the sustainable items that can be used in the kitchen.
- Bamboo is an amazing plant and kitchenware made of bamboo is much in vogue among those seeking to keep it all green. Stylish cookware made of bamboo not only ensures that it is in keeping with the green standard but also refashions the kitchen into a new look. The cookware made of bamboo is both safe and looks elegant. Trays for serving tea or coffee made from bamboo can be in plain or in designs. There are other kitchen items made of bamboo that include chopping board, condiment cup, bowl, chopsticks, fork, spoons, etc.
- Recycled glassware is another form of sustainable kitchenware. Glass is recyclable and hence does not pollute the environment. The recycled glassware look beautiful and a collection of them can make the kitchen look really beautiful. The recycled glass content in such glassware can be 30 percent to 100 percent. The recycled glassware can include glasses, bowls, plates, vases, bottles, jars and soap dispensers.
- Plastic is the greatest of the enemies to the environment. It liberates chemicals that can cause serious harm to both man and the environment. Plastic carrier bags or poly bags can now be replaced with the cotton food carrier bags. Such bags look sophisticated and beautiful. Beautifully embroidered cotton bags are available for keeping utensils.
- Hemp is a great material that is now used in the making of sustainable kitchenware. The material is eco-friendly. People who are concerned about their family and the environment would definitely go for such eco-friendly products. There are coffee filters made of hemp. One can also get hold of the hemp tea bags as they are both sustainable and safe for use. Hemp aprons and napkins are also available. They keep both man and the environment safe.
- Using induction cook tops is a brilliant way to save energy. The process passes the heat directly to the cookware through electromagnetic induction and thus saves huge amount of energy. Whereas gas and electric stoves consume more than half the energy required for cooking, the induction cook tops use just the amount of energy needed.